Zanele Mbeki Centre
The Centre provides residential care services for children and adults with special needs and older persons.
- The capacity for older persons is 110 and the persons with special needs is 80
- The Centre admits the physically and mentally challenged persons, the elderly, tube fed and unconscious persons who need 24 hour nursing care
- Social Work services are provided from 07h30 to 16h00 on week days
- Permanent and emergency admissions are done
- Patients are engaged in various activities according to their capabilities, and these are offered in the workshop on a daily basis.
- Training in various skills e.g. art, pottery etc. is done as part of the income generation project
- Occupational therapist offers services twice a week and the physiologist visits once a week
Who is entitled to the service?
- The physically and mentally challenged persons, the elderly, tube fed and unconscious persons who need 24 hour nursing care.
- Persons who are strictly bed-ridden are also admitted.
How and where can the service be accessed?
Services can be accessed through referrals by the community, hospitals, Service Offices, NGOs and NPOs by contacting the Social Worker at the Institution
What documents and information does the recipient need to provide to government?
- Completion of application form obtainable from the Centre.
- Social Worker's report.
- Medical Report
- Patient's ID document and funeral policies where available.
Where is the service provided?
Zanele Mbeki Home for the Aged and Frail Persons - Vlakfontein Road - Dunottar next to Duduza (Nigel).
What are the office hours of the service point where the service is provided?
The Centre is open for service twenty four hours. Staff works on a rotation basis. Admin staff work from 7H30 to 16H00. Professional staff work similar hours but are on stand by on rotation basis
Zanele Mbeki Centre contact details
Head of facility:
Ms. D.J. Sithole
03 Vlakfontein Road
Private Bag X5010
(011) 817 7301
Switchboard (011) 817 7300
(011) 817 7333
082 460 5879